Process of Examination and Acceptance of Trademark application:
A trademark is a symbol of any Trade, Business, Product or Service, which may consist of a word, name, device, label or numerals used by a business to distinguish it products or services from other similar products or services. A registered trademark is an intangible asset or intellectual property for a business and is used to protect the company's investment in the brand or symbol, therefor whenever trademark authorities received an application for registration, they conduct an examination and search to maintain uniqueness of all brand and to provide safeguard to existing trademarks.
The Registrar shall cause the application to be examined as per provisions of the Act, wherein a search shall also be conducted amongst the earlier trademarks, registered or applied for registration, for the purpose of ascertaining whether there are on record in respect of the same goods or services or similar goods or services any trademark identical with or deceptively similar to the trademark applied for. The Registrar may cause the re-examination of the application including re-search of earlier trademarks at any time before the acceptance of the application but shall not be bound to do so.
(2) If, on consideration of the application for registration of a trademark and any evidence of use or of distinctiveness or of any other matter which the applicant may or may be required to furnish, the Registrar has any objection to the acceptance of the application or proposes to accept it subject to such conditions, amendments, modifications or limitations as he may think fit and communicate such objection or proposal in writing to the applicant in the form of an examination report.
(3) If, on consideration of the application for registration of a trademark and any evidence of use or of distinctiveness or of any other matter which the applicant may or may be required to furnish, the Registrar accepts the application for registration absolutely, he shall communicate such acceptance to the applicant and cause the application to be advertised as accepted.
(4) If, within one month from the date of receipt of the examination report, the applicant fails to respond to the communication, the Registrar may treat the application as abandoned.
(5) In case the response to the examination report is received within the aforesaid time, the same shall be duly considered and if the Registrar accepts the application for registration, he shall communicate such acceptance to the applicant and cause the application to be advertised as accepted under sub-section (1) of section 20.
(6) If the response to the examination report is not satisfactory or where the applicant has requested for hearing, the registrar shall provide an opportunity of hearing to the applicant and the same shall be conducted as per rule 115.
(7) In case the applicant fails to appear at the scheduled date of hearing and no reply to the office objection has been submitted by the applicant, the Registrar may treat the application as abandoned.
(8) Where the applicant has submitted his reply to the examination report within the aforesaid period or has appeared in the hearing and made his submissions, the Registrar shall pass an appropriate order.
Read here: Grounds for refusal of Trademark application
Click here to contact
Tags: Trademark registration in india, Trademark registration in rajasthan, Trademark registration in gujrat, Trademark registration in delhi, Trademark registration in bihar, Trademark registration in kolkata, Trademark registration in telangana, Trademark registration in hyderabad, Trademark registration in jaipur, Trademark registration in jodhpur, online Trademark registration in india, online trademark application filing, trademark application, trademark search, trademark name, online brand registration, online logo registration, how to register a logo, how to register a brand name, how to register a trademark, trademark objection, trademark status, trademark oppsition, online application for trademark, qucik filing of trademark application, fastest trademark registration, fastest trademark application filing, trademark certificate download, renewal of trademark, trademark registration online india, trademark registration form, well known trademark registration online india, how to check trademark is well known?, well known trademark, examination process of trademark in india, grounds for objection on trademark